Full name: Pradytia Putri Pertiwi, S.Psi, Ph.D
[spoiler title=”Educational Background”]
- 2017– 2020 Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Behavioural and Social Sciences in Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health, The University of Sydney Australia. Dissertation: Rising to a new role: Disabled People’s Organisations as Leaders of Disability-Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction in Indonesia.
- 2016– 2017 Master of Applied Science (Research), Faculty of Medicine and Health, The University of Sydney Australia (upgraded to PhD)
- 2003– 2007 Bachelor of Psychology. Faculty of Psychology, Universitas Gadjah Mada
[/spoiler][spoiler title=”Research Field”]Developmental psychology and Social Relation[/spoiler][spoiler title=”Research Interest”]Developmental psychology; disability and inclusion; sustainable development, disaster and humanitarian crisis [/spoiler][spoiler title=”Teaching Field”]Cultural Psychology, Social Psychology, Lifespan development, community psychoeducation, qualitative research methods, children and adolescents with special needs, cognitive development, disaster management [/spoiler][spoiler title=”Publication”]
Scientific journal (peer-reviewed)
- Pertiwi, P.P. (2022). Bridging the divide: understanding collaborative action in disability-inclusive disaster risk reduction through socio-cultural activity theory. Disaster Prevention and Management, Vol. 31 No. 2, pp. 166-174, https://doi.org/10.1108/DPM-04-2021-0119
- Villeneuve, M., Abson, L., Pertiwi, P., & Moss, M. (2021). Applying a person-centred capability framework to inform targeted action on Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 52. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2020.101979
- Pertiwi, P., Llewellyn, G. & Villeneuve, M. (2020). Disability representation in Indonesian Disaster Risk Reduction regulatory frameworks. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 45. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2019.101454
- Pertiwi, P., Llewellyn, G. & Villeneuve, M. (2019). People with disabilities as key actors in disaster risk reduction, Disability & Society, 34(9-10), pp. 1419 – 1444.
- Pertiwi, P. & Sugiyanto. (2007). ‘Efektivitas Permainan Konstruktif-Aktif untuk Meningkatkan Kemampuan Membaca Siswa Kelas 2 SD’. Jurnal Psikologi, 34 (2): 151-163
- Pertiwi, P., &Margaretha, M. (In press). Localising Disability-Inclusive Disaster Response in Indonesia. In A. Mardiah, M, Bisri, R. Olshansky, & R. Djalante. Eds. Post-Disaster Governance in Southeast Asia: Response, Recovery, and Resilient Societies. Tokyo: Springer International Publishing AG
- Villeneuve, M., Robinson, A., Pertiwi, P., Kilham, S. and Llewellyn, G. (2017). The Role and Capacity of Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) as Policy Advocates for Disability Inclusive DRR in Indonesia. In R. Djalante, F. Thomalla, M. Garschagen & R. Shaw Eds. (2016). Disaster Risk Reduction in Indonesia: Progress, Challenges and Issues. p.335-356. Springer International Publishing AG
- Dibley, T., Opdyke, A., Howes, A., & Pertiwi, P (2021, September 8). Why involving people with disability in preparing for disasters leads to better outcomes. The Conversation. Retrieved from: https://theconversation.com/why-involving-people-with-disability-in-preparing-for-disasters-leads-to-better-outcomes-161986
- Pertiwi, P. (2021). Partnering for Inclusion: Pathways to Sustained Inclusive and Disaster-Resilient Communities. Impact. University of Minnesota. Retrieved from: https://publications.ici.umn.edu/impact/34-1/partnering-for-inclusion
- Pertiwi, P. (2019, December 3). 3 ways to encourage people with disabilities to be involved in leading disaster response. The Conversation. Retrieved from: http://theconversation.com/3-ways-to-encourage-people-with-disabilities-to-be-involved-in-leading-disaster-responses-127938
- Pertiwi, P., Syam, S. & Suharto, N. (2019). Peran aktif penyandang disabilitas dalam perlindungan dan pemenuhan hak disabilitas di bidang penanggulangan bencana. The Indonesia Ministry of Law and Human Rights Annual Magazine 2019.
- Rosemary, R., Pertiwi, P. & Dena, I. (2018). #StayAlive. Inside Indonesia. Special Edition 14 on Youth. Accessed via Inside Indonesia website: https://www.insideindonesia.org/stayalive
Tool, technical reports, brief, working paper
- Pertiwi, P., Pangestika, F., Sholekhah, A., Rosemary, R., Ahmad, M., & Mawarpury, M. (2023). Kesiapsiagaan Psikologis untuk Menunjang Kesiapsiagaan Masyarakat Indonesia terhadap Bencana: Policy Brief. Fakultas Psikologi UGM
- Pertiwi, P., Ahmad, M., Salaka, S.A., Rosemary, R., Mawarpury, M., Pangestika, F., Sholekhah, A. (2023). Modul Pembelajaran Perangkat Kesiapsiagaan Psikologis Bencana dalam Konteks Indonesia (PREPARED Tool). Fakultas Psikologi UGM
- Gvetadze, N., & Pertiwi, P. (2022). Reducing the Risk of Disasters in Rural Communities of Gaibandha, Bangladesh. CBM International.
- Gvetadze, N., & Pertiwi, P. (2022). Including Persons with Disabilities in Disaster Risk Reduction: A Research Study from Eight Countries of Africa, Asia and South/Central America. CBM International.
- Corneal, M., Pertiwi, P., & Bairyaman, M. (2021). Metasynthesis of DEC Response in Central Sulawesi, Indonesia. Rooted Impact. https://www.dec.org.uk/report/2018-indonesia-tsunami-appeal-metasynthesis
- Villeneuve, M., Pertiwi, P., Moss, M., & Llewellyn, G. (2020). Pacific Person-Centred Emergency Preparedness (PCEP) Planning for COVID-19 – For People with Disabilities. World Health Organisation Collaborating Centre for Strengthening Rehabilitation Capacity in Health Systems. The University of Sydney, NSW, 2006.
- Villeneuve, M. Dwine, B., Moss, M., Abson, L., & Pertiwi, P. (2019). Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (DIDRR) Framework and Toolkit. A report produced as part of the Disability Inclusive and Disaster Resilient Queensland Project Series. The Centre for Disability Research and Policy.The University of Sydney, NSW 2006.
- Robinson, A., Margaretha, M., Pertiwi, P., & Sloman, A. (2015). Use of the Washington Group questions on disability in Disaster Risk Reduction: An introduction. Working Paper. Arbeiter Samariter Bund Indonesia and the Philippines.
- Opdyke, A., Pertiwi, P., Aluninurin, M. K., Walters, J. (2021) “Inclusive Development: Ensuring Equitable Benefit and Voice.” (Keynote Presentation) Engineers Without Borders-USA West Coast Conference, San Luis Obispo, CA, USA, April 2021.
- Pertiwi, P. (2019, May). Disability Representation in Indonesian Disaster Risk Reduction Regulatory Frameworks. Paper presented at the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Pertiwi, P. (2019, June). The role of Disabled People’s Organisations in Disaster-Prone Indonesia. Paper presented at Plenary Session at the Rehabilitation International Asia and Pacific Regional Conference, Macau, China.
- Pertiwi, P. (2018, July). People with disabilities in disaster-prone Indonesia. Paper presented at the 22nd Asian Studies of Australia Association (ASAA) Conference, Sydney, Australia.
- Pertiwi, P. (2017, June). People with disabilities in disaster-prone Indonesia. Paper presented at the Research in Development Impact (RDI) 2017: Partnering for Impact on Sustainable Development, Sydney, Australia.
- Pertiwi, P. (2015, December). Capacity Building of People with Disabilities in Disaster Risk Reduction. Paper presented at the Dhaka Conference: Disability and Disaster Risk Management, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Third United Nations (UN) World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction. Sendai, 14 – 18 March 2015. Speaker at UNICEF’s children and youth forum.
- Pertiwi, P., & Llewellyn, G. (2014, August). Promoting the Inclusion of People with Disabilities in Disaster Risk Reduction in Indonesia. Paper presented at the Australia Disability and Development Consortium (ADDC) Research Symposium, Canberra, Australia.
- International Day for Disaster Reduction 2013 Celebration Conference at United Nations Headquarter. New York, 10 October 2013. Art performance and presentation.
- Pertiwi, P., Rosemary, R., & Ahmad, M. “Psychological Preparedness of At-Risk Indonesian Communities to Disaster (PREPARED)”. October 2021 – September 2022. Australian Alumni Grant Scheme Round 2, Australia Awards, Australia Government.
- Pertiwi, P., Andriana, E., & Candra, T. “Kelas COMPRE (Contemporary Methods and Community-led Lifespan Development Research” untuk hilirisasi solusi berbasis bukti pada Psikologi Perkembangan”. Juni – Desember 2021. Hibah Pemberdayaan Masyarakat UP4 Fakultas Psikologi UGM
- Pertiwi, P., Rosemary, R., & Ahmad, M. “Psychological Preparedness of At-Risk Indonesian Communities to Disaster (PREPARED)”. October 2021 – September 2022. Australian Alumni Grant Scheme Round 2, Australia Awards, Australia Government
- Research grant UP4 Fakultas Psikologi UGM 2021. “Understanding Disability Discourse in Psychological Science Research in Indonesia Context: A Qualitative Meta-Synthesis”. Pradytia Pertiwi, Restu Handoyo, dan Elga Andriana.
- Sydney Southeast Asia Centre (SSEAC) PhD travel grant awarded in July 2019 for conference participation in 4th Human Rights Conference held by University of Jember, 13 – 15 October 2019, valued at AUD 1,000.
- Postgraduate Research Support Scheme. Awarded by The University of Sydney in June 2019 to support with thesis production valued at AUD 900.
- Faculty of Health Sciences – Faculty Funding Scheme for conference participation at the 6th Global Platform DRR in Geneva, 13- 17 May 2019, valued at AUD 2,200.[/spoiler][spoiler title=”Training and Seminar”]
2012, Comprehensive Disaster Risk Management Framework, The World Bank e-learning Institute.
- 2019, Champion of Change Award for Queensland Disability-Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (DIDRR) toolkit project (Group award) https://www.igem.qld.gov.au/, Queensland Government , Australia.
- 2017, First prize, Three Minutes Thesis (3MT) competition 2017 held by Sydney Southeast Asia Centre (SSEAC), The University of Sydney. Presentation titled “People with disabilities saving lives”. Sydney Southeast Asia Centre, University of Sydney.
- 2015, Doctoral and Master Scholarship Programme, Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education, Ministry of Finance, Republic of Indonesia.